Our Sprinter Van Safari Rack is a popular option for people that want something that looks slightly more aggressive than our Low Pro Series. In this post we'll go over the installation process.
!! Pro Tip !!
If you are installing a side ladder, install it prior to installing the Safari Rack. It also helps to slide in all the pucks for the Safari Rack before bolting down the ladder as well.
Step by Step Installation Guide (From The Video)Step 1: Measure Roof Rack - Front edge to front edge of the fan.
- Subtract 1.5” from that number. This is the cut line for you fan trim ring.
- Position fan trim ring on the Safari Rack and trace for cut out lines.
- Measure from the front edge of the front most foot.
- Center trim ring in the middle of Safari Rack.
- Trace trim ring.
- Cut out fan section.
Screw trim ring in place (Note: Fan trim ring does not have pre drilled holes, you will need to drill holes for screws).
Step 2. Slide pucks into factory roof track
- If you do not have a proper setup or don't feel comfortable doing this we highly recommend you speak to your local Certified Installer linked below. Here's a few ways you can lift the Safari Rack onto your roof.
- Fork Lift
- Pulley System
- Overhead Crane
- 4 Ladders, 4 friends and some 2x4’s
Step 3: Position Safari Rack
Step 4: Screw down the Safari Rack
- ⅜” Allen screw
- Lock washer
You are Finished! Go out and enjoy your new Safari Rack!
If you have any questions during the installation process, feel free to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help you. If you aren't comfortable tackling the Safari Rack installation yourself, check out our network of Certified Installers.
Looking for other Sprinter Van Upgrades? Drop by the site to see all of the other products we stock for Sprinter Adventure Vans.